This article was originally published on MarketingProfs
The pandemic has had an impact on practically every business and significantly influenced the marketing industry and global advertising. B2B marketing trends have evolved to reflect market behavior more accurately.
Brand response is becoming essential for B2B marketers, who rely on the customer experience to shape brand impressions.
What Is Brand Response Advertising?
Brand response is both a strategic and an executional marketing technique in which brand development also generates a response, strengthening the brand's virtuous cycle of effectiveness.
Traditionally, marketing has been divided into two camps: those engaged in long-term strategic brand development and those involved in actions that generate immediate response and results. Each approach resulted in the launch of distinct campaigns using different channels, and for most businesses the two were viewed as mutually exclusive.
However, brand response makes it unnecessary to choose between the two. Developing brands and increasing direct sales are no longer mutually exclusive; they have evolved and now form a symbiotic relationship—a virtuous loop in which the brand aids in the development of response, which in turn aids in the development of the brand through customer experience.
Brand response increases brand value by decreasing the cost of gaining new customers. In B2B marketing, brand response combines brand advertising with direct marketing to maximize the effectiveness of each tactic.
Importance and Advantages of Brand Response Advertising
Through brand response advertising, B2B marketers can track data ranging from completed transactions to successful conversions. That enables firms to make quick judgments regarding their future ad campaigns' direction.
Measuring outcomes enables advertisers to adjust each advertising campaign to how their target demographic prefers to connect with the brand, which is critical for developing robust and long-lasting customer relationships.
Brand response TV advertising can be used in B2B marketing to help suppliers engage with brands and develop more personal relationships. B2B marketers can cultivate a loyal customer base and increase engagement. By contrast, typical television advertisements increase solely product awareness and often exclude a direct call to action.
B2B marketers can communicate directly with their target audience by using data from direct response placements. It is possible to create a landing page and monitor traffic flow throughout a direct response advertisement. Other algorithms may simultaneously analyze purchasing habits, sales trends, and browsing behavior, providing companies with a comprehensive data collection to understand better what resonates and what does not.
Brand response advertising does not require millions of dollars in testing, which makes it more appealing to B2B marketers. Marketers may assess outcomes and adjust media spending accordingly by using gathered data.
Regardless of a company's size, the marketing or advertising budget may be limited. Similar to conventional direct response, BRTV optimizes each dollar spent, making it an affordable solution for media planning.
The Context for Brand Response in 2022: B2B Marketing Trends
Businesses have been forced to reconsider standard B2B marketing methods over the last year to keep up with the global economy's tectonic movements triggered by the epidemic.
After more than a year of being compelled to innovate swiftly and continually to survive the disastrous impacts of the health crisis on many enterprises, marketers are counting on new trends in the B2B industry to propel them forward.
Here are some trends that B2B marketers should watch for in 2022 to inform their brand response as well as other marketing efforts:
- Personalization and hypertargeting. We will see an increase in the importance of personalization and hypertargeting. Salesforce recently conducted research that indicated 66% of B2B customers want providers to customize their interactions with them. B2B companies must tailor their strategy and every engagement with a customer or client to the buyer's specific needs.
- Digital acceleration. Today, in the digital age, digital marketing is simply marketing. The past few years' events have amplified longstanding digital patterns that had long been gaining momentum. Around 90% of marketers have changed their digital interaction approach since the pandemic started. Half of all B2B companies have entirely rethought their digital marketing approach in the previous year.
- Artificial intelligence (AI). AI helps marketers build tailored content and optimize for SEO and analyze data points and improve automated features to generate quality leads and conversions. B2B marketing requires AI integration.
- Nostalgia marketing. Nostalgia marketing may help B2B marketers connect with the globe. Companies may engage in nostalgia marketing by being genuine, piggybacking on cultural trends, and reintroducing abandoned products or services. As the globe navigates through unusual circumstances, nostalgia marketing has gained value. Nostalgia is familiar, secure, and soothing, and our society needs it now and will continue to need it in 2022.
- Voice marketing. Voice search and digital assistant use will continue to grow in 2022. Initially designed for shopping lists and notes, speech devices have evolved. People use voice searches to play tunes, ask questions, receive directions, and adjust the thermostat. Voice technology offers us additional knowledge about our customers and their demands—information valuable to us as marketers.
Best-Practices in Navigating Brand Response in 2022
When navigating brand response in 2022, B2B marketers must remember three essential best-practices.
1. Use content marketing to manage brand response advertising
Content marketing generates early brand interest, boosts organic traffic, and improves one's reputation in the industry. People and search engines will trust a brand more if it provides detailed answers to relevant questions in search engine results.
2. Embrace both technology and creativity
Combining creativity and data has created a new kind of digital marketer. Brand response marketers must know how to use technology and creativity to create a memorable brand experience.
Ultimately, the goal is to send the right message to the right audience on a suitable device, so B2B marketers can use technology and audience data to execute real-time campaigns that target the proper audience. Such data may influence creative messaging in brand response advertising.
B2B marketers can accomplish both brand effect and desired results if the creative is more relevant and engaging.
3. Be fast and innovative to rewrite the rules
Now is the time for B2B marketers to rewrite the rules for reaching customers. A quarterly marketing strategy that preserves the status quo is too easy. Great marketers know that memorable marketing takes creativity. As part of such innovation, brand response can turn firms into unicorns, offering a memorably and tangibly high return on investment (ROI).
Also, brands are not forced to continually sell their goods or services via offers. Instead, marketers may aim to reach their target audiences' minds, keeping the brand top-of-mind while buyers consider their options.